The main economic activities of the town of Kuna Pelješka are agriculture and wine making. In the 19th century, citizens of Dubrovnik built the Gučetić castle and the first Church of St. Stephen at the graveyard (renovated at the end of the 19th century).
The triple nave Church of Our Lady of Loreta (1681) is the most monumental Baroque structure in the Dubrovnik region outside of the Dubrovnik Old Town. The church contains marble altars from the workshop of the Brutapelle family, and paintings by Celestin Medović. In 1705, the Franciscan monastery was built next to the church. The home of Celestin Medović contains a collection of his paintings and the town has a monument honoring the painter, the work of Frano Kršinić. Near the church (2.5 kilometres) are places suitable for swimming and water sports.
Orebić Tourist Board
Zrinsko Frankopanska 2
Tel: +385 (0) 20 713718
Fax: +385 (0) 20 714001