Located 8 kilometres from Orebić, this town is home to 300 inhabitants and has a long maritime tradition and many captain's houses. The remains of the Dominican monastery with its cloisters from the 17th century can be found in Viganj (today a school and restaurant) located next to the Church of Our Lady of Roses.
A picture of the maritime battle at Lepanta in 1571, and a wooden Gothic statue of Mother and Child from the 15th century are found on the altar.
There are many gardens here with exotic plants, as well as gardens with homegrown vegetables. Along with the maritime trade, more and more inhabitants are employed in the tourism business.
Orebić Tourist Board
Zrinsko Frankopanska 2
Tel: +385 (0) 20 713718
Fax: +385 (0) 20 714001