Maranovići is well known for its vast olive plantations. The parish Church of St. Anthony (Antun) was built on the location of the old Gothic Church of St. Anthony, which was mentioned along with the guild in Maranovići at the beginning of the 17th century.
Today's Church of St. Anthony was built during the first half of the 19th century. The church collection includes a lovely chalice (117x115 mm) of gold-plated silver. The chalice has an exceptional Gothic form and dates back to the second half of the 15th century. It likely came from the old Church of Mary of the Hills, located above the village and thought to have been built in the 14th-15th centuries, as the church shows clear transitional elements between the Romantic and Gothic styles.
The Roman Catholic parish in Maranovići was established in 1769.
Mljet Tourist Board
20225 Babino Polje
Tel/Fax: +385 (0) 20 746025