Badija is an islet in the eastern part of the Pelješac Channel with a surface of approx. 1 km2. The Ježevica Channel separates it from the island of Korčula. The average yearly temperature is 13°C. Along the coast, there are good anchoring sites for mid-sized vessels, while small boats can be moored west of the monastery.
Almost the entire surface of Badija is covered in macchia thickets and pine woods, with the highest point on the island being only 74m. The monastery and single nave church there today were erected in the late Gothic style, after 1420.
In 2003 the monastery was returned into the ownership of the Franciscans and can today be visited upon request. For more information please visit (www.badija.com).
The Chapel of St. Catherine (Sv. Katarina), dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries and situated on the hill behind the monastery. Badija and all of its surrounding natural beauty can be explored with a leisurely stroll along the gravel pathway, which covers the entire islet.
Korčula Tourist Board
Obala dr. F. Tuđmana 4
Tel: +385 (0) 20 715867
Fax: +385 (0) 20 715866